Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nerd Alert

This summer I made a goal for myself. I was to spend less time on the computer, or should I say Facebook (let's be real here) and spend more time with my entire head in a book when possible.
I feel that I succeeded as I finished three books during my commutes in and out of the city. I loved every single one of them. When you come across a good book, it's a great thing. 
I started with Water for Elephants,
followed by The Help,
and lastly Sarah’s Key.
I highly recommend all three if you haven’t already read them. Boys? Stick to ESPN.

Not surprisingly, all three of the books were made into movies. I have yet to see Sarah's Key in the theatre, but I saw the other two with Char and thought they were really well done. Although, in my opinion the books beat out the movie. That's pretty typical though.

Now that I am here in Italy, I want to continue my goal. I want to read as much as possible during my free time. I think it's safe to say reading is a little more productive then stalking people on Facebook, no? I recently started Safe Heaven by Nicholas Sparks. 

Anytime I read a Nicholas Sparks book (A Walk to Remember, The Notebook, Dear John, among many others) I am always satisfied at the end. So, I figured I wouldn’t be let down with this read. So far I’m likin’ it. When searching for the picture above, I saw that it's being made into a movie at the moment. Go figure.

I have a long list of books I want to read so I hope to do a routine book review on this blog after every book. It might come as a help to you if you’re looking for a new read, or just be a complete waste of your precious time ;) I'll keep ya posted on Safe Haven!


Nerd Alert: Jess & I are starting a book club when we enter the real world in a year. Any takers??

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't get through Water for Elephants. I don't know why. I pushed my self through like 3/4 of it and finally just gave up. This is kinda making me wish I just finished it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the first time I've heard that! I could not put the book down. I really didn't enjoy the movie that much. The book kept my full attention, though. Hey, we all have our own opinions & interests though. Please let me know if you have any good books for me to read!

    ReplyDelete